Sunday, August 14, 2011

August 14 (Philippians 1:6)


Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ. (KJV)

What happens when you have gone some distance in your walk with Christ and begin to drift? What happens when you continue to fall into sin? What happens when the blazing joy of first knowing your Lord begins to fade?

One thing that does not happen is that God does not drop you like a hot potato. He does not finally, after giving you so much grace and so many opportunities, wash His hands of you. Whatever He has started in you, He will see through to the end, and Paul says we should be confident about this.

Pause for a moment and let those words sink in and then let the deep truth of those words penetrate your heart. It does not matter if you cannot see God from where you are. He can see you. It does not matter if the fire of your love has cooled. His love for you never wavers. It does not matter if you think you are making no progress in your spiritual life. Your loving, heavenly Father is the one Who will see you through to the end.

O Lord, my God, I am humbled when I think for even a moment about Your boundless love and unshakable promises. I stake my confidence on You, the author and perfecter of our faith, as I face what lies before me. In the name of Christ Jesus, my Savior, I pray. Amen.

Copyright © 2011 by Steven R. Perkins

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I welcome comments, even those that disagree with something I have written, I will delete any comment that is profane, vulgar, threatening, or in poor taste.