Sunday, February 5, 2012

February 5 (Exodus 3:4)

When the LORD saw that he had gone over to look, God called to him from within the bush, “Moses! Moses!”  And Moses said, “Here I am.”  (NIV)

A burning bush caught the attention of Moses, and he heard the voice of God.  What catches your attention?  Political candidates spend vast sums to catch our attention.  Advertisements during sporting events spend even more.  God reaches out to us continually through miracles that surround us.  I repeat, what catches your attention?

Sometimes God acts dramatically, as He did when parting the Red Sea and splitting the curtain in the temple when Jesus was crucified.  Yet He does not have to shout.  He is God.  He has every right to expect that even His smallest whisper will get our attention.

Paying attention and learning to see and hear God are skills that we must develop.  They take time.  They take effort.  In the frenetic pace of life, is hearing God worth your time and effort?  Look and listen for Him this week.  He is always speaking and wants to speak to you.

Father, forgive me for not having enough time for You.  I confess that I am often so busy with the things I think are important that I disregard how You are trying to speak to me.  Help me to hear You and to respond quickly as Moses did.  In the name of Jesus, my Savior I pray, amen.

Copyright © 2012 by Steven R. Perkins

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I welcome comments, even those that disagree with something I have written, I will delete any comment that is profane, vulgar, threatening, or in poor taste.