Sunday, February 3, 2013

February 8 (Matthew 7:11)

If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!  (NIV)

Our daughter has recently been celebrating her birthday.  I use the progressive form of the verb because what once was a one day event has morphed into a weekend, perhaps even week long affair.  I love it.  She is our sweetie pie, and Daddy goes nuts over doing things for her, even going so far as to hand craft cake decorations.

I am just an average Joe, a high school teacher who has the tendency to eat too much pizza and yell too loudly while watching college basketball, and believe me, that is far from the worst of my sins.  Even a guy like me knows how to lavish love on his children.

Jesus compares our heavenly Father with earthly fathers to point out the sheer logic of trusting God.  That’s right.  It just makes sense to trust God to love us and provide for us.  If you ever find it unreasonable to trust the love of God, then realize you are thinking quite illogically.

Father, I admit that at times I listen to our enemy’s lies that You do not really love me.  I renounce those lies and stake my bold confidence on Your undying love, a love You have proved time and again, beginning at Calvary.  In the name of Jesus my Lord, through Whom comes the Holy Spirit Who guides me back to You, amen.

Copyright © 2013 by Steven R. Perkins

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I welcome comments, even those that disagree with something I have written, I will delete any comment that is profane, vulgar, threatening, or in poor taste.