Sunday, December 6, 2015

Trusting God So You Can Answer His Call

December 6 (Philippians 4:19)


And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.  (ESV)


I recently had the opportunity to join a team of Christians with a particular ministry focus.  I was one of three new members, and as I listened to the team speak words of affirmation concerning the outgoing members, one thought thundered through my mind.  “You do not belong here.”  This was no false humility.  I found myself sitting with varsity level Christian leaders.  The faith, the humility, the love, the grace, the Christ-centeredness of these people and their unswerving commitment to the ministry left me feeling little more than a spiritual gate crasher.

I realized as never before that I was not part of this organization because of any certain skills of my own.  Whatever my role would be on this team, whatever I could contribute, it would be God working through me to accomplish His purposes.  I could do no other than to adopt a palms-up posture and wait to see what He would do.

Do you have certain talents and abilities?  Great!  Thank God for those and let Him show you how to use them for Kingdom purposes.  At the same time, realize that He may call you to situations that lie well beyond what you think you are good at doing.  In such times remember that He will supply all that you need to accomplish what He has called you to do.

Thank You, Lord, for calling me to opportunities where I can serve You with the gifts I know You have given me.  I also make myself available to You for any other purpose.  I am Yours.  Direct me where You will.  I will obey, confident that You will give me what I need to do all that You ask.  In the name of Jesus, the rock and foundation of my faith, amen.


Copyright © 2015 by Steven R. Perkins

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I welcome comments, even those that disagree with something I have written, I will delete any comment that is profane, vulgar, threatening, or in poor taste.