Sunday, February 25, 2018

You Are An Evangelist


February 25 (Romans 10:13-14)


For “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”  But how can they call on him to save them unless they believe in him?  And how can they believe in him if they have never heard about him?  And how can they hear about him unless someone tells them?  (NLT)

No one wants to be a Benedict Arnold in a relationship or a Hitler at work, and everyone would like to be an Einstein when it comes to math.  Some names will forever be associated with certain things, and when it comes to evangelism, the name that forms the standard in the modern era is Billy Graham.  He died last week, although in his own words he would say that he merely changed addresses.  Few people lived their faith as boldly and consistently as he did, and some have remarked that we are unlikely to see another evangelist like him.  And you know what?  We will never see another evangelist like you, either.
God gave Billy Graham certain gifts.  What made him so special was that he developed and used those gifts to the full.  God has given you your own gifts, but His purpose is the same.  He wants us to use our gifts to glorify Him by helping to build His kingdom, and we do that by sharing the good news about Jesus with others.  It is our calling, just as much as it was Billy Graham’s, to let people know that true life, eternal life, can be theirs through a relationship with Jesus Christ.
Paul spoke challenging words to the Romans.  Imagine him challenging you.  How will your co-workers, your neighbors, and your family call on Jesus for salvation and come to believe in Him unless someone tells them about Him?  You are the evangelist God has called to their lives, and you have work to do.

Lord, I owe You everything.  I owe you my life from birth and my eternal life from my rebirth in You.  Open my lips and free my tongue from whatever fears and hesitations have ever prevented me from telling others of Your amazing love.  Help me to be the evangelist You have called me to be in the lives to which You have sent me.  I ask in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.


Copyright © 2018 by Steven R. Perkins

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I welcome comments, even those that disagree with something I have written, I will delete any comment that is profane, vulgar, threatening, or in poor taste.