Sunday, May 19, 2013

May 19 (2 Timothy 1:14)

…the Holy Spirit who lives in us.  (NIV)

“I am not God.”  We sometimes use this as an excuse for bad behavior or to get out of something we think is too difficult to do.  Although this statement is, of course, true, as an excuse it is false.  God lives within us through the Holy Spirit.  If our lives do not reflect this, then one of two things must be the case.  God is inactive in us, or we are rebelling against him.  Have you ever known God to sit around and do nothing?
Do not misinterpret this as something to shame us into action.  Stop and think for a moment.  What does it really mean to have God dwelling within you?  He is as close as your next breath.  You can know Him as intimately as your own heartbeat.  The strength of the One Who defeated death is in You.  The creativity of Him Who spoke the stars into existence inspires your soul.
What will you and God, Who lives within you, do together?  Dare to dream.  Dare to ask Him.  Dare to live the life of one joined to God.

O God, I pray as if You are a million miles away.  Help me to know You intimately.  What would You do together with me?  I am Yours.  Show me how to live.  In the name of Jesus Christ, I pray.  Amen.

Copyright © 2013 by Steven R. Perkins

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I welcome comments, even those that disagree with something I have written, I will delete any comment that is profane, vulgar, threatening, or in poor taste.