Sunday, February 9, 2014

February 9 (2 Chronicles 32:7-8)

“Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or dismayed before the king of Assyria and all the horde that is with him, for there are more with us than with him.  With him is an arm of flesh, but with us is the Lord our God, to help us and to fight our battles.” And the people took confidence from the words of Hezekiah king of Judah.  (ESV)

I need to be reminded to be strong and courageous multiple times in every day.  The problems and challenges and worries that come against me may as well be the king of Assyria and a horde of warriors.  How about you?  What makes up your enemy horde?

Whatever it is, Hezekiah’s words still apply.  The problems we face are real, but their force is nothing compared with the Lord our God.  Seriously, the bills, job concerns, health issues, family matters, car maintenance, temptations, fears, worries…they have only an arm of flesh.  We have been chosen and adopted by the blood of Jesus Christ.  God is a good Father, and He will help us and fight our battles.  He really will.

Will you be like the people of Judah and take confidence from Hezekiah’s words?  Can you play the role of Hezekiah and inspire godly confidence in those around you?


Father, I am weak.  My flesh causes me to see only what is right in front of me.  Help me to see my battles for what they really are and to march forth in faith with You at my side.  May my confidence in You inspire those around me to find their confidence as well.  In the name of Jesus, amen.

Copyright © 2014 by Steven R. Perkins

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I welcome comments, even those that disagree with something I have written, I will delete any comment that is profane, vulgar, threatening, or in poor taste.