Sunday, March 20, 2011

March 20 (Job 31:13-15)

If I did despise the cause of my manservant or of my maidservant, when they contended with me; what then shall I do when God riseth up? and when he visiteth, what shall I answer him? Did not he that made me in the womb make him? and did not one fashion us in the womb? (KJV)

If the boss comes to us with an immediate request, we respond to it, well, immediately. But how often do we make friends or family members wait when they request something of us? Familiarity indeed breeds contempt.

Oh, it is not contempt, we argue. Surely that is too harsh a word. Yet what else can it be when we drop everything to serve some, but not all? If we treat some people differently from how we treat others, then, like it or not, some are more important to us and some count for less. And what shall we do when God rises up? When He comes again, what shall we answer Him? Did not He Who made us, make all?

Who in your life gets your best, the best of your time, the best of your efforts, the best of all that you have? Who gets the leftovers? If God asked you to explain the difference today, what answer would you give?

Father, You sent Your Son to be the first born among many brothers. Forgive me when I count anyone as more worthy of my time than another. Help me to view all equally and to pour forth freely to all what You have poured forth freely in me. In the name of Christ Jesus, my Lord, amen.

Copyright © 2011 by Steven R. Perkins

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I welcome comments, even those that disagree with something I have written, I will delete any comment that is profane, vulgar, threatening, or in poor taste.