Sunday, July 5, 2015

July 5 (Matthew 10:31)

Fear not, therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.  (ESV)


I was washing our car in the driveway recently and really wanted to do a good job.  I used a soft, cotton rag for the cleaning and dried it with a chamois.  I spent a lot of time detailing the glass, the seats, and the dashboard.  As I worked, I could not help thinking about the comparison with how God loves us.  If I cared that much about an object that would not last forever and that I had purchased with money, how much more must God care about His children who will live forever and that He purchased with His own blood?

It was a wonderful reminder of two things.  First, there is the unfathomable love of God that beggars all description and dwarfs any of our emotions.  Then there is His constant teaching, which He often accomplishes through our mundane tasks.  The daily activities that make up our lives are filled with opportunities to see His hand at work.

Where can you see God working in your life?  It may be in something grand, but it does not have to be.  It may be in something perfectly ordinary and routine.  And when you do see some new facet of His love or His grace or His truth, what will you do about it?

Father, thank You for pouring out on all of us more love than we could ever comprehend.  Thank You, too, for communicating that love in every moment of every day.  Give me eyes to see and ears to hear, that I may know and serve You more and better.  In the name of Jesus, Who bought my life with His, amen.

Copyright © 2015 by Steven R. Perkins

1 comment:

  1. your blog is very nice

    its a user friendly website very easy to navigate from mobile and desktop
    read your favorite quotes by clicking the link below
    Love Quotes-
    Life Quotes-
    Friendship Quotes-
    Funny Quotes-
    Motivational Quotes-
    Happiness Quotes-
    Good Quotes-
    Cute Quotes-
    Positive Quotes-
    Quote Of The Day

    ReplyDelete

While I welcome comments, even those that disagree with something I have written, I will delete any comment that is profane, vulgar, threatening, or in poor taste.