Sunday, October 11, 2015

Seeing As Jesus Sees (3 in a series of 4)

October 11 (Romans 8:14)


How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching?   (ESV)


It is easy to fault others for not living as Christ followers, but that is absurd when they are not, in fact, followers of Christ.  It is easy to reach for exciting solutions to the problems of our day, but that is absurd if those solutions are not rooted in the wisdom and strength of God.  What, then, are we to do?

It is not an option for Christians to sit back and throw stones at those who sin, but do not know God.  It is not an option for us to sit back and do nothing about the problems that plague our society and our world.  Paul lays out the only logical conclusion when confronted with these twin issues.  We must tell people about Jesus.

As much as I love Him, I often want to do the exact opposite.  I do not want to get drawn into an argument.  I do not want people to stop liking me.  I do not want…you name it.  This is nonsense, my friends.  As a follower of Christ, I have and should want no option.  I must tell people about the true life now and in the world to come that is available solely through Jesus Christ.  If I do not, then I cannot be frustrated by the sinful lives of those who do not know Him and I cannot be surprised when the human solutions to our world’s problems fail yet again.

Father, I know in my head what will help my friends and the world around me, their surrender to and relationship with Jesus.  Grant me the ability to ignore myself and all my fears and hesitations so that I may be a bold messenger for You.  In the name of my Lord, Jesus, Who hesitated for nothing, not even death, amen.


Copyright © 2015 by Steven R. Perkins

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I welcome comments, even those that disagree with something I have written, I will delete any comment that is profane, vulgar, threatening, or in poor taste.