Sunday, February 12, 2017

Sharing What God Has Done

February 12 (Exodus 13:8)


On the seventh day you must explain to your children, “I am celebrating what the Lord did for me when I left Egypt.”  (ESV)


Do you ever share with your family or friends what the Lord has done for you?  I was thinking about this recently.  People in the Bible are forever sharing stories about the past.  For many of them, they were sharing stories that were not directly they own as they passed on the stories that had obviously been handed on to them by their ancestors.

What do your family and friends know about you?  Many of my friends and most of my family know how I met my wife.  They know where I went to college, where I have lived, and some of the things I have done.  I wonder how many know about the time in seventh grade when I went back into the locker room to pray because I was not a strong swimmer and God comforted me.  I wonder how many know about the time in high school when He spoke to me and gave me my calling.  I wonder how many know the times when my wife and I contemplated a move and He directly answered our questions or provided for our needs.

You have a story with God just as the Israelites did, and it is not a story to keep hidden.  It is one to be celebrated with family and friends, for not only does it give God the glory He deserves, but it may just strengthen or plant the seeds of faith for someone else’s story.


Father, call to my mind the times when You have been involved in my life.  Let me see Your hand in my life’s story.  I want to celebrate You and Your amazing love for me and I want others to know about it.  In the name of Jesus, Who walks with me daily, I pray.  Amen.



Copyright © 2017 by Steven R. Perkins

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I welcome comments, even those that disagree with something I have written, I will delete any comment that is profane, vulgar, threatening, or in poor taste.