Sunday, June 11, 2017

We Need A Mediator

June 11 (Job 9:33)


If only there were someone to mediate between us, someone to bring us together.  (ESV)


Job’s story is the classic example of a man who does not understand why his life is falling apart.  You may not suffer boils all over your body or the loss of all your livestock and children, but there are things in your life that you do not like, nor do you understand why they are the way they are.  Welcome!  You are a card-carrying member in the Society of Job.

Just as Job did, many people cry out to a deity when trouble hits, even if it is only to proclaim to God that this is the reason they do not believe in Him.  Yet in the midst of his grief, Job realizes something.  If only there were a mediator between God and man, someone who could act as a go-between….  Have you ever asked a friend in school to speak to the teacher on your behalf or asked a co-worker to go to the boss with you?  We all want someone who knows our situation, who has our best interests at heart, AND who has the connections to help us.

Enter Jesus.  He is the very mediator that Job longed for.  He sits at the right hand of our Father and, by His own words, He is with us always (Matthew 28:20).  So cry to Him.  Share your anger with Him.  Pour out your hurts to Him.  He knows the depths of your heart already, but He wants to hear from you, and He will take your deepest concerns to His Father and yours.

Oh, Jesus.  I hardly know where to begin.  Still the storm within my heart so that I may lay my worries and concerns before You.  I need somebody to help me, and although everything else is in turmoil, I do trust in You.  Hear my cares that I may move past them in victory and in You.  Amen.



Copyright © 2017 by Steven R. Perkins

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I welcome comments, even those that disagree with something I have written, I will delete any comment that is profane, vulgar, threatening, or in poor taste.