Sunday, December 30, 2018

Making All Things New

December 30 (Revelation 21:5)


And he who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.”  (ESV)


It does not matter how well things went for you this past year, there is no one who would not breathe a sigh of relief to hear these words.  Do you remember playing some game at recess and getting a “do over?”  Seriously, who would not want a “do over” in one, or perhaps many, parts of life?

There are two wonderful aspects to God’s “do over.”  First, He is willing to help you start over as many times as necessary.  Did you fail at something last year, something you should have done but did not, or something you kept on doing but wish you could have stopped?  Welcome to the club!  God is ready and willing to make all things new with you, if you will let Him.

The second, and even greater aspect to the divine plan of renewal is that there will come a day when all is made new forever.  Even when we stumble and start over again, we can look forward to the time that is coming when all things will be made new.  Injustice will become justice, hatred will become love, decay will become life, and a new heaven and earth will replace what we see today.  Surely that is a thought worth taking into the new year!

Lord, I need a fresh start.  I have developed so many habits and patterns for dealing with life, and many of them lead me in circles or away from You.  In this new year I give You my mind and my heart, my thoughts and dreams and wishes.  I give You everything so that I can become everything You want me to be.  In the name of Jesus, my Savior, amen.


Copyright © 2018 by Steven R. Perkins

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I welcome comments, even those that disagree with something I have written, I will delete any comment that is profane, vulgar, threatening, or in poor taste.