Sunday, May 1, 2011

May 1 (Romans 8:26)

Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. (KJV)

What an incredible blessing this is! God the Holy Spirit lives within us. He prays for us when we do not know how or for some reason cannot pray.

Have you ever gotten to that point? Have you ever been so stricken with illness, so overcome with burdens or worries that words just will not come to your lips? The Holy Spirit knows. He dwells in our hearts and He knows. He will pray for you. Just as God the Son while on earth prayed to God the Father, so God the Spirit continues to pray for us. Think about that for a moment. God is praying for you!

Lord, there are times when I just do not know what to say. Too many burdens press in upon me. Hear the prayer of the Holy Spirit. Graciously accept the words of His intercession for me. In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

Copyright © 2011 by Steven R. Perkins

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I welcome comments, even those that disagree with something I have written, I will delete any comment that is profane, vulgar, threatening, or in poor taste.