Sunday, May 15, 2011

May 15 (Psalm 68:5)

Audio version available here.


A father of the fatherless, and a judge of the widows, is God in his holy habitation. (KJV)

With a word God spoke the blazing heat of stars into creation. With His breath He created the intricacies of the subatomic world. There is no human language capable of expressing the extent of His power.

What does it say, then, that He is a father to orphans and sees to the needs of widows? In the human realm, what kind of person does it take to parent an orphaned child? Can you imagine the care, love, and tenderness? For all of His vast and creative power, for all of His judgment of what is right and wrong, God is also a father of the fatherless and a judge for widows. Can there really be anything you are facing that He, as your Father, will not care about even more than you do? Is there anything that He will not help you with?

Father, I tremble at times to call You by that name. You are so awesome and mighty. I sometimes feel that You are too far from me to care about the troubles I face. Embrace me in Your love. Help me to know that You are indeed my Father. In the name of Jesus, I pray. Amen.

Copyright © 2011 by Steven R. Perkins

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I welcome comments, even those that disagree with something I have written, I will delete any comment that is profane, vulgar, threatening, or in poor taste.