Sunday, July 15, 2012

July 15 (Psalm 51:12)

Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me. (NIV)

Can you remember what it was like when you first fell in love with Jesus? I was a teen, and it was a thrilling time. I listened to contemporary Christian music, read my Bible, and felt as if I could conquer the world with and for my Lord. How do the days of your first love compare with today?

No matter what your situation, things will come along to dim and dull your relationship with Christ. The heady days of your salvation blend into the days of paying the bills, racing to put gas in the tank on the way to church, searching for the remote control.

Would you like to recover the joy you had when your relationship with Jesus was new? You can, because on His end of things, the relationship has never changed. He is just as much in love with You as He ever was. His plans for You are the same, and He longs for you to enter the grand adventure of true life with Him. Perhaps you, like David, need to pray a prayer of restoration.

My Lord, I want to love You with the white hot intensity that I once did. I confess that my love has cooled. Forgive me for letting other things get in the way. Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit to sustain me. In the name of Jesus, whom I love, amen.

Copyright © 2012 by Steven R. Perkins

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I welcome comments, even those that disagree with something I have written, I will delete any comment that is profane, vulgar, threatening, or in poor taste.