Sunday, March 24, 2013

March 24 (Ephesians 4:18)
They are darkened in their understanding and separated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them due to the hardening of their hearts.  (NIV)
I once asked my wife what life would like apart from God.   Since then, we have both seen far too many examples.  We all know that the murderer, the terrorist, and the thief are living outside a relationship with God, but that is not what I meant.  What about average folks?  What does a day look like for your neighbor, your friend, your relative who is separated from God?
Sadly, those can be some of the most painful lives to watch.  They are often filled with despair.  They tend toward self-centeredness.  They are marked by chronic anger, the desire for revenge, and a relentless chase for the things of the here and now.
If this is not you, thank God for the blessing of His relationship with you.  It is your most precious possession.  If it is you, in any way, stop.  Stop what you are doing right now and ask Him to restore you.  Do you really want to go on living like this?  If this is someone you know, hit your knees in prayer.  This person needs to know Jesus, and you may be the only one to intercede.
O God, thank You so much for loving me into a relationship with You.  I love You so much and never want to be separated from You.  Help me to keep my eyes on You and to love others into that same kind of relationship.  May everyone come to know such intimacy through Jesus Christ.  Amen.

Copyright © 2013 by Steven R. Perkins

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I welcome comments, even those that disagree with something I have written, I will delete any comment that is profane, vulgar, threatening, or in poor taste.