Sunday, June 30, 2013

June 30 (Colossians 1:10)


[S]o that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God,

I once heard a Division I college basketball coach tell players at a camp that they needed to get better every day.  He went on to tell them that we all get better or worse each day, and the choice was up to them.

It is so easy to get lulled into complacency.  We slip out of our practices of prayer, reading the Bible, and deep fellowship with God and other Christians, and we do not sense that anything is wrong.  Yet our relationship with God and our spiritual life must be cultivated and developed the same as anything else in life.  We either grow, or we regress.

Where are you strong in your Christian walk?  Keep doing those things.  What has made you strong in the past that you have forgotten or set aside?  Pick those things back up.  God wants you operating in the sweet spot of the giftedness He gave you.  He wants a meaningful relationship with you.  What do you need to do to up your game?

Father, You have blessed me with many tools to train myself for the life to which You have called me.  I commit myself again to developing my gifts for Your service and to strengthening those disciplines that bring me close to You.  In the name of Jesus, I pray.  Amen.

Copyright © 2013 by Steven R. Perkins

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I welcome comments, even those that disagree with something I have written, I will delete any comment that is profane, vulgar, threatening, or in poor taste.