Sunday, April 13, 2014

April 13 (Matthew 10:32-33)

So everyone who acknowledges me before men, I also will acknowledge before my Father who is in heaven, but whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven.  (ESV)

It is hard to put ourselves out there.  It is difficult to be exposed before others.  We may drop the occasional word about going to church, but we often keep our real relationship with Christ under wraps with our friends.  We do not share what He has taught us on Facebook.  We hide a truth of Scripture when we fear it may ruffle feathers.

Jesus knew just how hard it was to put Himself out there and to be exposed before others.  When He hung on a cross, He was as exposed and out there as He could be.  His wounds, which screamed pain every time He tried to shift position, were exposed to the mocking eyes of those who spat at Him.

We know that Easter is about more than chocolate, eggs, and bunny rabbits.  Do we also know that our faith and relationship with Christ Jesus are more than just private devotional time before we leave the house each day?  Do we know that we must put ourselves out there and risk not just exposure but also rejection, mockery, and every kind of death if we truly follow the One Who did just that Himself?


Jesus, help me to live a life that is brave, not safe.  Help me to disregard my own comfort as I strive for faithfulness.  Simply put, help me to be more like You.  Amen.

Copyright © 2014 by Steven R. Perkins

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I welcome comments, even those that disagree with something I have written, I will delete any comment that is profane, vulgar, threatening, or in poor taste.