Sunday, April 27, 2014

April 27 (Psalm 119:105)

Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.  (ESV)

I love the navigation system on my phone.  I do not have a mind for geography, so I use it to get many places, even close to where I live.  Recently, however, I did not understand why it was taking me in a particular direction.  So confident was I in this system based on past, flawless experience, that I ignored my own thoughts and followed the voice from my phone.

Has God ever steered you wrong?  As you listen to the stories of others, from antiquity to those of friends and family, have you ever once known of God leading someone off track?  Why, then, do we ignore His voice in favor of our own?

David sang that the word of God was a lamp for his feet and a light for his path.  Which will you follow, the darkness of flawed human reason or the brilliance of God's truth?


Lord, thank You for the guidance of Your word and the understanding that comes from the Holy Spirit.  May I follow You as Jesus did.  In His name I pray, amen.

Copyright © 2014 by Steven R. Perkins

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I welcome comments, even those that disagree with something I have written, I will delete any comment that is profane, vulgar, threatening, or in poor taste.