Sunday, July 17, 2011

July 17 (John 2:9)

When the ruler of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine, and knew not whence it was: (but the servants which drew the water knew;) the governor of the feast called the bridegroom. (KJV)

Why is it that some people can understand the acts of God for what they are, but others cannot? It is true that God can harden a person’s heart as He did with Pharaoh, but there can be a simpler explanation. Those that understand God have a relationship with Him.

In the story of the first miracle that Jesus performed, the servants were there for the whole thing. They listened to what His mother, Mary, said to them and then they followed His direction. The governor of the feast was nowhere around. When we know people well and have spent time with them, we understand the things they say and do far better than a stranger would.

Take a quick gut check. How is your relationship with Jesus? Are you close to Him, spending time talking with Him and listening to Him? Remember, He has never moved away from you.

O Lord, my God, I want to be closer to You. I want to see all that You have to show me, to hear Your words to me, and to follow all that You would have me do. I turn back to You today, Lord. Amen.

Copyright © 2011 by Steven R. Perkins

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I welcome comments, even those that disagree with something I have written, I will delete any comment that is profane, vulgar, threatening, or in poor taste.