Sunday, July 3, 2011

July 3 (Daniel 6:5)

Then said these men, “We shall not find any occasion against this Daniel, except we find it against him concerning the law of his God.” (KJV)

If someone wanted to trick, trap, or harm you, how would he do it? Where is the chink in your armor? Is there a particular weakness or secret sin that could be the way to do you in?

When the leaders who served under King Darius of the Persian empire wanted to discredit Daniel, they realized that there was no way to do it. Their only hope was to set up a law opposing the law of God, for they knew that Daniel was so faithful he would obey God rather than the king.

I would love for that to be the case about me. I would love to live my life in such a way that it was completely honorable, with no crack through which someone could discredit me. On top of that, I would like very much to be known as a man that, if push came to shove, would obey God before anything else. Can what was true of Daniel be said about you?

Father, thank You for giving us examples like Daniel. May I follow in his footsteps, never surrendering to the culture around me, but always standing faithful to You. In the name of Christ Jesus, my Lord, Who was faithful to the point of the cross, amen.

Copyright © 2011 by Steven R. Perkins

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I welcome comments, even those that disagree with something I have written, I will delete any comment that is profane, vulgar, threatening, or in poor taste.