Sunday, April 29, 2012

April 29 (Romans 8:26)

In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express.  (NIV)

Imagine telling the teacher that you do not know how to answer a question on the test and the teacher then saying, “Just give it to me.  I will answer it for you.”  While that may be the dream of every student, I doubt it has ever happened.  Now pause for a moment and think about what God offers us through the Holy Spirit.

When we fall into the temptation of thinking that God is far removed from us or unwilling to hear us, we have missed an incredible blessing.  The Holy Spirit dwells within us, and He is God.  When we are overcome with a situation and words fail, it does not matter.  Even when we cannot pray, God prays for us.  Think about that.  God is saying, “I will pray to me for you.”

Jesus tells us in Matthew 6:8 that God knows what we need even before we ask.  What a loving God He is to pray for us when we cannot pray for ourselves!

Father, I love you.   You never cease to amaze me with Your love and grace.  Not only did You allow Jesus to die for my sins, You filled me with the Holy Spirit, Who pleads my case before You.  I adore You, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, one God forever and ever.  Amen.

Copyright © 2012 by Steven R. Perkins

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I welcome comments, even those that disagree with something I have written, I will delete any comment that is profane, vulgar, threatening, or in poor taste.