Sunday, January 6, 2013

January 6 (Exodus 3:11)

But Moses said to God, “Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh and bring the Israelites out of Egypt?”  (NIV)
Hopefully you enjoy what you do for a living, but most of us do not have a deep and daily sense that we are involved in some grand adventure with eternal consequence.  Caught up in the humdrum details day in and day out, we may end up plodding through rather than intentionally and passionately living our lives.
Yet in the middle of the daily monotony, God has called you to something magnificent.  He has gifted you with particular abilities.  You have experiences that no one else has.  Taken together, these produce a unique person, one whom God not only loves, but was willing to die for.
Many of us will spend vast sums on objects that we sit on a shelf, but not God.  He did, in the midst of creating the fires of the universe, create you as a knickknack.  Jesus did not come to bring life just so you could do nothing in His collection.  Right now in your family, in your neighborhood, in and through all your both deep and casual relationships, God has a work for you to do.  Now there is a thought to start a new year!

Father, what do you have in store for me to do?  I begin by asking just for today.  What word would You have me speak?  What deed would you have me perform?  I can hardly wait to see the adventure You have called me to go on with You.  In the name of my Lord, Jesus Christ, amen.

Copyright © 2013 by Steven R. Perkins

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I welcome comments, even those that disagree with something I have written, I will delete any comment that is profane, vulgar, threatening, or in poor taste.