Sunday, April 21, 2013

April 21 (Romans 1:16)

For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes….  (NIV)
I am suffering some holy discontent, and I am glad for it.  I do not want God to take it away.  In fact, I am praying that He will make it worse.  You see, I am a nice guy.  I do some good things.  I try to live right.  Blah, blah, blah.
The bottom line, though, is that there is so much of my life that God could use to advance His gospel.  How much of my time is spent on, well, on anything else?  How much of my money, my energy, my resources?  If, like Paul, I am truly not ashamed of the gospel, then I think my life should look quite different.
How would your life look if every aspect of it were committed to the good news of salvation to everyone who believes?  Stop and think about that seriously for a moment.  If your calendar and your checkbook truly reflected what you say you believe, if your cabinets and closets and shelves really bore witness, would your life look as it does?
Jesus, do not let me go.  Show me the places that need to change, whether sin that needs repentance or simply habits that need to be altered so my whole life can be spent in the service of the good news You died to bring us.  My life is Yours.

Copyright © 2013 by Steven R. Perkins

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I welcome comments, even those that disagree with something I have written, I will delete any comment that is profane, vulgar, threatening, or in poor taste.