Sunday, April 7, 2013

April 7 (1 Corinthians 9:24)


Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.  (NIV)
Do you know what your race is?  Do you know what prize you are striving to attain?  There is a shared prize we are all yearning for, and that is life eternal with our blessed Savior.  The race, however, is particular to each one of us.  Generally speaking, of course, we all run the race of serving God, but how we are called to serve Him looks different for each person.
It is a beautiful spring day, and I have enjoyed much of it outside with our children.  As I walked back to our house after playing with them, I realized how clear my race was to me and the confidence I felt regarding the prize I seek.  Both the clarity and the confidence are not born of my own skills or achievements, but rather of that One Who is the author and perfecter of my faith.
I am neither unique nor special in this.  Such clarity and confidence can be yours as well.  Jesus wants them to be yours.  After all, He is the one who has called you to your race.  He is the one who paid for your prize with His life. 
Jesus, I trust You, not just the words You have spoken, but with my life.  I put it in Your hands.  I want nothing more than to run the race You have set for me and to enjoy the everlasting prize with You.  Amen.

Copyright © 2013 by Steven R. Perkins

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I welcome comments, even those that disagree with something I have written, I will delete any comment that is profane, vulgar, threatening, or in poor taste.