Sunday, November 3, 2013

November 3 (1 Chronicles 28:9)

And you, Solomon my son, know the God of your father and serve him with a whole heart and with a willing mind….  (ESV)

“Know the God of your father,” said King David to Solomon.  David had walked and talked with the one true God.  He had known Him when he defeated Goliath and when his life was being hunted by King Saul.  He had danced before the ark of His covenant and had wept before Him because of his own transgressions.  David knew God intimately and wanted the same for his son.

Do you really want your friends and family members to know and serve your god?  Is your god in fact God?  Every once in a while it is good to stop and do a quick lifestyle check.  Does your life truly reflect a relationship with God that you would want others to have?  Have you let other things creep in and take up more of your time, more of your thoughts, more of your activity?

For a quick test, think of a typical day in the last week.  Would it have been clear to anyone that the God of David was also your God?  We do not worship God for the sake of others, but if no one can tell from our life that the Lord is our God, then we have some adjustments to make.
Lord, help me not to get so caught up in the details of life that I forget You as I try to live life on my own.  Help me to be like David.  Whether in joy or in sorrow, I want You to be my everything.  In the name of Jesus, I pray.  Amen.

Copyright © 2013 by Steven R. Perkins

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I welcome comments, even those that disagree with something I have written, I will delete any comment that is profane, vulgar, threatening, or in poor taste.