Sunday, December 29, 2013

December 29 (Luke 2:19)

But Mary treasured up all these things, pondering them in her heart.  (ESV)

Mary has just given birth to her first child.  She is filled with the exhausted joy of any new mother.  There has been quite a bit of media attention with this one.  Shepherds have come into town telling everyone of a miraculous visitation by angels telling them that the Savior of the world has just been born.

The people have begun to leave, one or two at a time at first, and then in small groups.  The shepherds are going back to their flocks.  It is just Mary and Joseph now, and a crying baby boy.  The energy and excitement are dying down.  It is just a mother and her thoughts.

How have you experienced Jesus this Christmas?  What things has He shown you for you to ponder in your heart?  Do not rush on to the next thing in life too quickly.  Stay for a moment with the new mother, and like her, ponder and dwell on the true things of God.

You never cease speaking to me, Lord, even through the hustle and bustle of Christmas.  I want to take a moment now and treasure Your words in my heart so I may not forget them in the hustle and bustle of life that is to come.  May the Holy Spirit lead me into all truth according to the promise of Christ Jesus, my Lord.  Amen.

Copyright © 2013 by Steven R. Perkins

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I welcome comments, even those that disagree with something I have written, I will delete any comment that is profane, vulgar, threatening, or in poor taste.