Sunday, December 21, 2014

December 21 (Luke 2:11)

For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.  (ESV)

This is what it is all about.  Every single one of us needs a savior.  We are born needing one, and we have either accepted that Jesus is that savior, or we have yet to do so, but the fact remains that the savior of the world, Christ the Lord, was born on Christmas Day in the city of David.  Do you need a reminder of what that means?

He has paid the price for your sins.  You will live forever in glory with God.  The Holy Spirit now lives in You, guiding you and leading you toward all truth.  Your friend and brother is God Himself.  He listens to you and knows your every need.  Do I need to go on?

Sometime in the days ahead, get away by yourself and ponder all that Jesus is…to you and to the entire world.  Let the monumental truth of His identity and the meaning of His birth fill you and let that become the source for how you go about all the activities surrounding Christmas.


Jesus, it is impossible for me to conceive all that You are, all that You have done, and all that You continue to do.  May every word from my mouth, every action I make, every thought that crosses my mind bring You glory.  May my life do nothing but honor You.  Amen.

Copyright © 2014 by Steven R. Perkins

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I welcome comments, even those that disagree with something I have written, I will delete any comment that is profane, vulgar, threatening, or in poor taste.