Sunday, May 15, 2016

The Lord of All

May 15 (Jeremiah 50:24)


I set a snare for you and you were taken, O Babylon, and you did not know it; you were found and caught, because you opposed the Lord.  (ESV)


You may not work for a Christian company, but the Lord considers it His.  You may not teach at a Christian school, but the Lord considers it His.  You may not live in a Christian nation, but the Lord considers it His.

Christianity is not a club that one can choose to belong to but that has no relevance to non-members.  It is the organized expression of the truth, that there is one God, eternally existing in three persons, the second of whom, Jesus Christ, in whom and for whom all things were made, lived, died, and rose again so that all might live forever with Him.  God did not care that Babylon was not Israel.  Babylon worshiped idols, opposed the one true God, and was therefore in the wrong. 

You may say that it is not fair to hold people accountable for worshiping and obeying a God they do not know.  Fair enough.  What are we doing about it?  If you know the truth about God and what He wants for and expects from His creation, is it really loving to keep that to yourself?


Father, too often I hold back from telling others about Your righteousness and Your love because, to be quite honest, I worry about how I will be perceived.  I worry more about being liked than about the relationship of my friends and family with You.  May Your unchanging truth, on every page of the Old Testament through the New, guide my actions.  In the name of Jesus, Who risked public ridicule and death for me, amen.


Copyright © 2016 by Steven R. Perkins

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I welcome comments, even those that disagree with something I have written, I will delete any comment that is profane, vulgar, threatening, or in poor taste.