Sunday, March 16, 2014

March 16 (Matthew 7:11)

If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!  (ESV)

I am going out on a limb here, but I am going to expand the logic of Jesus.  He helps us understand something about the giving nature of God by pointing out the giving nature of human parents.  I want to suggest that the same thing may be true when it comes to God’s rejoicing and excitement in the achievements of His children.

I recently had the opportunity to lead my students at our annual state Latin convention.  They participated in academic, artistic, and dramatic activities related to the ancient world, were quite successful, and for two days displayed the exuberance of youth.  I could not have been more proud as I watched them operating in the sweet spot of their gifts.  If I, in my limited capacity, can know overwhelming joy and pride in my students, do you imagine God’s joy and pride are any less when you are living the way He intended you to live?

What do you do that gives God unspeakable joy?  What have you done in the past that makes Him burst with pride?  Are you living a life that makes your Father proud?


Father, I want You to be proud of the things I do.  Thank You for giving me the gifts and talents that You have blessed me with.  May all that I do, say, and think, be to Your glory.  Amen.

Copyright © 2014 by Steven R. Perkins

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I welcome comments, even those that disagree with something I have written, I will delete any comment that is profane, vulgar, threatening, or in poor taste.