Sunday, March 9, 2014

March 9 (John 16:27)

[F]or the Father himself loves you, because you have loved me and have believed that I came from God.  (ESV)

Jesus loves me, this I know, for the Bible tells me so.  Those words from the classic children’s song have an important message for us.  There are times when we do not feel the love of God.  It may be that we have distanced ourselves from Him.  It may be for reasons that pass our understanding because, believe it or not, there are some things about God Almighty that our human brains simply cannot comprehend.  What do you do when you do not feel God’s love?

You believe in it anyhow.  That is what faith is for.  It is easy to believe when things are going well and you see the hand of God in everything.  The real work of faith is believing even when God seems to be absent or worse, when Satan whispers the lie that He is set against you.

When it is hard to believe that God loves you, cling to the words from today’s verse, which are from Jesus Himself.  You may not feel His love at the moment, but that does not change the truth of His love.

Father, help me to keep my eyes focused on You, even when I cannot see a thing.  When the world is black with fear and doubt, may I, through faith, cling to the truth of Your love.  In the name of Jesus, Who proved that love beyond all doubt by dying for me, amen.

Copyright © 2014 by Steven R. Perkins

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I welcome comments, even those that disagree with something I have written, I will delete any comment that is profane, vulgar, threatening, or in poor taste.